|Import Scores from Test Scanner|
You can send test results from your test scanner (bubble sheets) to your gradebook. The scores are sent over the internet directly to your Jupiter gradebook, so you do not need to import data files.
• Any Apperson brand scanner with DataLink software, version 3.5.4 or later.
1. Have your students fill in their Student ID numbers on their bubble sheets.
2. Go to your Apperson scanner and launch the DataLink software. (The scanner connects to the computer with a USB or serial cable, and the computer must have an internet connection.)
3. The first time you use the software, click "DataLink Preferences" from the "File" menu. Then click the "Gradebook" tab and select "Jupiter" or "SnapGrades". (If you do not see this option, Cancel, then click "Check for Updates" from the "Help" menu.)
4. Follow the scanner's instructions to scan your bubble sheets. If more than one class took the same test/quiz, you can scan all the classes together to save time, or you may repeat these steps for each class separately.
5. Click the Gradebook Transfer icon (it looks like an open book).
6. Enter your Jupiter username and click "Upload". This sends your data to your Jupiter account.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 if you have multiple tests/quizzes.
8. Log into your Jupiter account (from any computer, not necessarily the one attached to the scanner).
9. Create new assignment(s) for your test/quiz in all appropriate classes. Set the "Input" menu to "Points", and enter the number of questions where it says "Out of __ possible".
10. In the "Setup" menu select "".
11. In the three menus, select "Import Scores from Test Scanner", which set of scores to import, and which assignment to import the scores into.
12. Look at the preview. If anyone filled a wrong ID, make a note so you can manually enter their score below.
13. Click OK. This saves the scores and shows the results on the Assign screen.
14. Manually enter scores for any students who filled the wrong ID.